Crosman 451 CO2 sem...

Notifications
Clear all

Crosman 451 CO2 semi-automatic pistol colours

Dragonbone
(@dragonbone)

I've recently purchased Crosman 451, serial number 000301, which is black and obviously started out that way. A lot of the pics I have seen show a grey finish with a black slide, or are described as grey when they look black to me. Does anyone know if the grey was a factory finish, and if so when did it appear in the number sequence - or was it a factory option? Or just the result of a stripped casting? I'd be grateful for any info. I also have a Crosman box of 'Powerlets' which seem to be original (in condition) but are labelled Copperhead with no mention of Crosman. Am I right in thinking that Copperhead was a Crosman trademark?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 4th November 2022 22:43
Garvin
(@garvin)
Curator in Chief Admin
Posted by: @dragonbone

I've recently purchased Crosman 451, serial number 000301, which is black and obviously started out that way. A lot of the pics I have seen show a grey finish with a black slide, or are described as grey when they look black to me. Does anyone know if the grey was a factory finish, and if so when did it appear in the number sequence - or was it a factory option? Or just the result of a stripped casting? I'd be grateful for any info. I also have a Crosman box of 'Powerlets' which seem to be original (in condition) but are labelled Copperhead with no mention of Crosman. Am I right in thinking that Copperhead was a Crosman trademark?

Not sure about the 451, but Copperhead was definitely a Crosman mark.

See here:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery.com/rock-island-auctions/large-grouping-of-air-gun-accessories-parts-ammunition-and-cases/#post-3686

ReplyQuote
Posted : 4th November 2022 23:24
Dragonbone
(@dragonbone)

Thanks @garvin, I just saw a pic of a "Crosman Copperhead" product which kind of confirms it. It's possible that the 'Copperhead' Powerlets in my box may be later and not original to the 1969 box. Lots to learn!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 5th November 2022 01:11