Webley and Scott Vu...

Notifications
Clear all

Webley and Scott Vulcan Mk 2 DL No 780768

(@roymacdonald)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An9PNkpNB5t5hZV_P3boN08Woj6p-A?e=ixuPjz

Here are photos of my Vulcan Mk 2 DL .22. Very powerful air rifle. More so than my modern German compressed air recoilless. Will kill all small vermin like rats and foxes. Also provided me with a lot of Wood Pigeon lunches. Very useful on the farm. I've owned it for 30 years. I bought from a Bisley member so I think he must have treated it well. Never given any trouble in all the time I've been using it. Had a stroke though so can't use it any more unfortunately. Son in Law used it last Christmas to clear rats out of the Turkeys and it was as lethal as ever. An all time great gun.

All the best.

Roy

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14th May 2022 19:27
Garvin
(@garvin)
Curator in Chief Admin
Posted by: @roymacdonald

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An9PNkpNB5t5hZV_P3boN08Woj6p-A?e=ixuPjz

Here are photos of my Vulcan Mk 2 DL .22. Very powerful air rifle. More so than my modern German compressed air recoilless. Will kill all small vermin like rats and foxes. Also provided me with a lot of Wood Pigeon lunches. Very useful on the farm. I've owned it for 30 years. I bought from a Bisley member so I think he must have treated it well. Never given any trouble in all the time I've been using it. Had a stroke though so can't use it any more unfortunately. Son in Law used it last Christmas to clear rats out of the Turkeys and it was as lethal as ever. An all time great gun.

All the best.

Roy

Many thanks Roy. Lovely photos of a beautiful rifle. Sorry to hear you had a stroke and can't use it. πŸ™

I can't say I've ever thought of a fox as small vermin like rats. An air rifle against rats, yes, but with a fox there's too great a chance of not achieving a clean kill, in my opinion... even if you used an FAC-power air rifle at short ranges.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15th May 2022 15:08
(@roymacdonald)

@garvin Hi Gavin and thanks. I don't normally shoot foxes, but it was at close range and it had just killed all our ducks. I shot it in the temple at very close range. No time to get the 303. A gun in the hand is worth 2 in the gun cabinet sometimes.

I noticed you only had a brochure picture of my variant, but the serial no enabled me to identify my one, and thought you might like some actual photos of a real working one.Β 

All the best.

Roy

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15th May 2022 15:27
Garvin
(@garvin)
Curator in Chief Admin

Fair enough! I'll put the pics in the gallery in due course. Thanks again. πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15th May 2022 18:48