15th December 2017 22:24
This was the brand of pre-war airgun distributor Gustav Genschow & Co. Here is a timeline from the current Geco website:
History of GECO
- 25th August 1887:
- Formation of the company Gustav Genschow & Co as a weapons and ammunition wholesaler by the founder of the same name Mr. Gustav Genschow from Stralsund
- acquirement of the "Badische Schrot- und Gewehrpropfenfabrik Durlach"
- and 1903:
- of the "Durlacher Zundhütchen- und Patronenfabrik".
- Formation of the first branch office in Cologne on the Rhine
- Formation of a special subsidiary company in Vienna for the export business dealings to Austria-Hungary and the Balkan states
- Formation of the branch office Königsberg in Preußen and reconstruction of the sales department in Frankfurt am Main and Nuremberg
- Achistion of "Deutsche Werke AG". From that time on manufacturing of outstanding small caliber rifles. International sales boomed among other places in South America. Genschow pistol cartridges were used by the police in almost all South American countries.
- Conclusion of a community of interest contract with the RWS or rather the Dynamit Aktiengesellschaft (Dynamit Limited Company) of Alfred Nobel & Co., the biggest ammunition factory in Nuremburg. Manufacture of pistols and small-shot cartridges for both companies in the Durlach factory, Manufacture of rimfire and Flobert cartridges, revolver cartridges, metal sleeves, percussion caps and air gun pellets in the factories in Stadeln and Nuremburg.
- Death of the compay founder Gustav Genschow
- Resumption of manufacturing of hunting and sport ammunition (air gun pellets, shot shells, 1957 pistol/revolver)
- Passing over of all the factory buildings of Genschow & Co. Aktiengesellschaft (Limited Company) to the possession of the explosive and ammunition factory of Dynamit Nobel Aktiengesellschaft
- Consolidation of the brands GECO, Rottweil and RWS under the umbrella of Dynamit Nobel
- Relocation of Durlach to Stadeln
- Acquisition of the Dynamit Nobel AG by the Swiss tech company RUAG
- At Present:
- GECO incoporates a wide range of products which includes pistol/revolver ammunition, air gun pellets, small caliber ammunition, shotshells, rifle cartridges and has recently introduced explosive cartridges and blank cartridges.