Notifications
Clear all

Bsa light 1920s  

RSS
marcus10b
(@marcus10b)
Member Registered

I’ve just picked up this bsa light over Xmas L22193 ,it’s a bit of a funny one ,when I picked it up it was completely all but the sights and appeared to have had little use ,it seems that in sometime in the past a restoration had been started ,the blueing having been removed and the stock sanded ,the main spring end had all I can say had been hacked at .the dealer I bought it from said it had been in the back of the shop for many years so it had Started to rust ,but the screws looked very good so I thought it was worth bring back from the dead , I think it’s about 1922- 23 . 

Posted : 3rd January 2020 14:42
billy.whizz
(@billy-whizz)
Member Registered

that looks really nice, im sure you will enjoy finishing it off,  ive just finished a standard 2-1924 year,it was in a bit of a state I had the stock refinished and the action I did myself. I really enjoyed doing it. looks like I may have too find another too do. I hope yours goes well ,have fun.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 5th January 2020 19:44
marcus10b liked
Garvin
(@garvin)
Curator in Chief Admin

I agree. It's a great candidate for restoration. You can get remanufactured sights from Protek, or originals from Ebay if you're lucky. Enjoy! Please keep  us posted.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 5th January 2020 23:07
marcus10b
(@marcus10b)
Member Registered

@billy-whizz

Thanks ,I really like restoring these old guns ,this one was in good condition,I’ve seen some the guys on here have done and they have made a fantastic job of a very poor and abused gun .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 5th January 2020 23:13