Light Pattern serial Number 11100  

mrben0
(@mrben0)
Member Registered

I have an additional hole in the top of the trigger block on this gun, does anyone know what it is for?

I did try to upload some pictures, but I do not know where they ended up!

Edited: 4 months  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : 1st February 2018 14:45
Garvin
(@garvin)
Owner Admin

I found the pics! 

Not sure what the hole is for. Sometimes you see a hole further forward, to stop the trigger block unscrewing from the cylinder, but that isn't the case here, obviously.

Edited: 4 months  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : 1st February 2018 15:47
mrben0
(@mrben0)
Member Registered

Great, i wondered if it might have been for some king of diopter style sight.  Another question this one is 11100 the other one i have has an earlier serial number L3777 and that one has a different trigger guard only one screw, BSA on the stock and a 3 three hole trigger block, whereas the later serial number gun only has a two hole trigger block.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 1st February 2018 16:47
Lakey
(@lakey)
Member Moderator

Interesting gun you have there. Maybe the drilled hole is for a screw to stop the trigger block from unscrewing, and maybe was deliberately set back so that it didnt interfere with the very precise threads on the cylinder? Only other thing I can think of is for some king of sight, however I cant think of any sight that would only need one screw hole, and also leave no witness marks on the cylinder if it had been fitted for any length of time, Maybe this was a local gunsmith fix?

Lakey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 4th February 2018 22:49 mrben0 liked

Working

Please Login or Register